The Civic Auditorium Historic Preservation Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit charity, is responsible for raising funds and overseeing the Civic’s well-being. Their mission is to preserve, restore and operate the facility to benefit the community and the arts.
Work on saving the building began in the 1960s. The Civic was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The foundation was established in 1991 to save the Civic Auditorium from demolition.
Twenty-three years later, the Civic Auditorium is proud to serve as the community gathering place for the greater The Dalles area. Thousands of people have attended plays, music and comedy concerts, talks, meetings, parties, weddings and other events over the years.
We are not associated with the City of The Dalles or Wasco County. We rely on the generosity of the community to provide the 40% of our budget that we do not generate via ticket sales and rental revenue. It is because of gifts from donors and members like you that we are able to maintain the Civic that our community rightfully expects.
We work every day to raise the considerable funds necessary so that the Civic Auditorium will continue to present excellent event programs and serve as a place to gather for generations to come.
Here is how you can help:
- Gorge Community Foundation Designated Fund: http://gorgecf.org/donations/
- Donations help us pay for everything from light bulbs to illuminate the building, to a day of heating during the cold winter months. The Civic $27 Club offers a way to do this and honor someone through your donation.
- Match Your Donation with an equal donation to The Civic and to Oregon Cultural Trust and claim 100%, dollar for dollar tax credit for your gift to the Trust on your Oregon state income tax (up to $500 for individuals, $1,000 for couples filing jointly and
$2,500 for Oregon Corporations).
- Sponsorships provide our business partners with high visibility on programs and posters, onsite and online, while supporting the vitality of our downtown and our region. Your financial support of events puts your message in front of thousands of area and surrounding area residents.
- Volunteers serve an important role in support of the Civic Auditorium. Opportunities include ushering at events, staffing our Guest Services desk before events, working on special projects, and more.
- Bequests and other Planned Giving options are a great way to lay the foundation for future generations of The Dalles Civic Auditorium.